Professional Regulation and Disciplinary
We act for professional and regulatory bodies in all matters concerning professional regulation and discipline such as professional ethics, disciplinary, corporate governance, data protection, human rights, judicial review, electronic communications and membership issues.
The primary aim of all professional regulation is to secure the confidence of the public in the profession being regulated by setting and enforcing minimum standards of conduct.
Members of our team regularly advise on and have written codes of conduct and professional disciplinary rules for our clients. As a result we have an intimate knowledge of the relationship between professional bodies, their members and the public – using what we know to create and maintain the standards that secure public confidence.
We advise on all aspects of professional disciplinary matters from initial investigation through to disciplinary and appeal hearings in addition to judicial review.
Being a full service firm, we are also able to draw on the experience and expertise of specialist lawyers in other areas to provide a comprehensive service for our clients including advice on constitutional issues, corporate governance, commercial contracts, employment and other matters.
We also provide advice and representation in all courts and tribunals.
- Advising and acting for professional and regulatory bodies on regulation, professional ethics and conduct;
- Advising and acting for professional bodies regarding their rules, changes and their members;
- Advising and acting for professional and regulatory bodies in respect of their members and disciplinary matters;
- Advising members of professional bodies regarding conduct and complaints;
- Advice and acting for professional clients regarding the making of complaints against them.
- Advice to professional and regulatory body regarding its rules and procedures and their application;
- Advice and acting for a professional body regarding its membership;
- Acting for a professional and regulatory body in disciplinary matters concerning various matters including candidates' conduct in examinations;
- Answering complaints against professional services firm as regards their conduct.