Planning Applications – Strategy and Audits
The local government machinery responsible for the delivery of planning permission can be unwieldy and difficult to navigate. Our specialist team of planning lawyers has worked within local authorities and is best placed to make this process as painless as possible.
Our Planning Team advises on the key procedures and processes that influence planning decisions so that our clients can find the quickest and least complicated route to their objective.
We review the suitability of sites for particular uses and audit planning due diligence both before the submission of planning applications and during their consideration, with a key focus on Environmental Assessments.
Our advice is key in establishing timeframes for decision-making and our detailed legal review can highlight any deliverability issues before the purchase is complete.
It means that our clients receive independent, impartial, reliable and detailed advice which can often help to drive down the purchase price, forewarn of any difficulties and provides a ‘reality check’ when it comes to the planning position.
Unlike some consultants, our retainer is not usually related to acquisitions or sales and, as such, we believe our clients receive more honest and realistic advice – focused on helping them to maximise the value of their land.
- We are currently advising on a major speculative mixed use development scheme which has the potential to lead to an entire town centre regeneration scheme. Our client is currently in the process of securing appropriate funding;
- We have audited and advised on a proposed new Six Star hotel development near Heathrow, having audit the Environmental Statement;
- We continue to advise a leading Care Home provider on their acquisitions, including planning appraisals pre-acquisition;
- We have audited sites on behalf of Receivers who are looking to maximise asset value through the planning process;
- We provide supporting legal statements on various schemes and recently secured planning consent in Woking for a new Sports Hall in the Green Belt .