Our Commercial Litigation Team has acted for and advised in a wide range of disputes in this area.
Our expert lawyers advise and have acted for employers, boards of trustees of pension funds, insurers, investment managers, private pension providers, scheme administrators, and actuaries.
We have experience in a number of types of pension disputes including fund performance issues, failure to implement changes to schemes or scheme rules, investment disputes, overpayments to beneficiaries, policy issues, professional negligence claims against advisers, claims against scheme administrators and complaints from members.
Working with our colleagues in our specialist pensions team, we have the necessary technical skills and practical experience to ensure that our clients always receive prompt and solution-focused advice so that when disputes do arise they are dealt with quickly and cost effectively.
As a result, where a negotiated settlement is achievable it is achieved without unnecessary delay or expense and where action is required it is delivered quickly and decisively.
- Providing clear, concise, timely advice to clients;
- Taking prompt action;
- Conducting negotiations and discussion with other parties or their representatives to achieve resolution;
- Dealing with member complaints;
- Bringing or defending legal proceedings.
- Advising and acting for employer and pension scheme trustees regarding ineffective changes to rules of the scheme and possible claims against professionals;
- Acting for a pension scheme trustee and administrator in relation to claims to recover overpayments;
- Acting for a professional firm following change of pension scheme structure regarding inadvertent failure to include all parts of the practice;
- Advising scheme trustees regarding negligence of scheme administrator;
- Advice and acting for pension fund managers regarding performance of investments, switching mechanisms, policy terms and relationship with financial adviser.