The Fourth Money Laundering Directive allows firms to take a more nuanced approach to assessing the risks posed by PEPs, explains Michael SinhaRead More
- International Litigation
- Group Actions
- Contract Disputes
- Company, Shareholder and Partnership Disputes
- Finance and Banking
- Professional Negligence
- Regulatory and Judicial Review
- Professional Regulation and Disciplinary
- IT Disputes
- Injunctions and Emergency Procedures
- Restrictive Covenant Breaches
Michael Sinha's Service Teams
Michael has a wide range of commercial property experience having acted for private individuals, on-shore and overseas investors, charities, public bodies, health authorities and educational institutions. He focuses on larger acquisitions and disposals (freehold and leasehold), development work and high value commercial property leasing arrangements.
Michael specialises in acting for overseas investors and businesses acquiring property in the UK and is closely involved in the management of a £350m portfolio belonging to a consortium of off-shore investors.
- Advising Birkbeck College and University of East London on the property aspects of the acquisition of land for the construction of University Square - a new University campus in Stratford East London;
- Dealing with the disposal by a Livery company of two multi let buildings in the City of London by grant of long leases at a premium with rent gearing;
- Advising property investors on the emigration of their property portfolio from UK ownership into an off-shore company run through Jersey with re-financing from a private Bank including advice on an SDLT mitigation scheme;
- Acting on the disposal of parts of a landed estate for potential development.
Michael qualified as a lawyer in Greater Manchester in 1986 and has practised in London since 1988. He headed up the Property Group while at Cumberland Ellis and joined Wedlake Bell LLP in April 2012 when the firms merged.