Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A)
Our experienced Corporate Team has an enviable reputation for delivering excellence in all areas of mergers and acquisitions work, covering both cross-border and domestic markets.
Partner - Head of Corporate Team and Corporate Business Group
Partner - Head of IT Law
"A responsive team of commercial professionals" who are "extremely client-focused and knowledgeable."
Chambers UK, 2017
Combining strong technical skills with commercial focus and a detailed understanding of the legal landscape, our lawyers give clients a clear strategy to follow and provide much-needed support during critical periods of negotiation.
When it comes to private M&A deals and public takeovers, we act for a broad range of commercial clients including multinationals, entrepreneurs and owner-managed businesses with particular expertise in the following sectors:
- Events and Publications;
- Real Estate;
- Renewable Energy and Natural Resources; and
- Financial and Professional Services.
We also advise public companies on compliance with relevant listing rules and issues including the Blue Book.
A key feature of our Corporate Team's approach to M&A is project management support. This is vital at a time when management resources are stretched, enabling clients to remain focused on the issues at hand and continue the day-to-day operation of their businesses.
Our close working relationship with other Wedlake Bell teams - including Competition, Real Estate, Pensions & Employee Benefits, Employment, Corporate Tax and Banking - means we can deliver a full service M&A offering to our clients. Our links with the Private Client team mean we can advise on tax efficient exit structures for owner-managed businesses and wealth management issues that arise post-transaction.
- Mergers of businesses, companies and partnerships
- Disposals by private treaty, takeover offer and
- Demergers, schemes of arrangement
- Acted on a series of corporate acquisitions for the UK's largest exhibition company;
- Acted for the vendor of a leading outsourced property services and real estate investment company on a £235m disposal;
- Acted for a major US global life sciences company in a significant UK acquisition;
- Advised a London based property company on a share sale of four special purpose vehicles to a Guernsey property fund for an aggregate consideration of £114m;
- Advised a leading applied visual arts academic publishing business with operations in the UK, Switzerland and Singapore, on the disposal of its entire publishing business to an international publishing house;
- Acted for one of the sellers on the £65m sale of the Hoxton Hotel corporate vehicle;
- Acted on several business acquisitions for Care UK;
- Acted for Aurion Pro Solutions Inc on the acquisition of Enline Plc.