Commercial Management (Investment) Ltd v Mitchell Design & Construct Ltd & Anor  EWHC 76 (TCC)Read More
- International Litigation
- Group Actions
- Contract Disputes
- Company, Shareholder and Partnership Disputes
- Finance and Banking
- Professional Negligence
- Regulatory and Judicial Review
- Professional Regulation and Disciplinary
- IT Disputes
- Injunctions and Emergency Procedures
- Restrictive Covenant Breaches
Matthew Pexton's Service Teams
Matthew practices predominantly in non-contentious construction. He advises clients on procurement strategy and on a full range of construction documentation including building contracts, agreements for lease, novation agreements, consultant appointments, letters of intent, vesting deeds, letters of reliance, collateral warranties and third party rights.
He advises developer, contractor, and consultant clients on construction projects in a variety of sectors.
- Acting for care home provider in the acquisition of 10 sites and construction of new care homes on each site with a development cost of around £60m. Matthew also advised on the development funding and construction security document elements;
- Acting for a developer in the construction of a funded multi-storey bespoke office development in Hayes and advising on construction aspects and subsequent corporate sale of the site;
- Acting for a developer in the construction of a multi-million pound funded residential development of high specification residential property in Central London and advising and procuring construction security documents (collateral warranties and third party rights);
- Acting for an international developer on the redevelopment of a Central London office tower and assisting with advice on defects issues. Matthew has also assisted on the construction elements of the subsequent lettings to tenants at the same site;
- Acting for a major property management consultancy and advising on their appointments and other construction/development related issues at managed sites;
- Acting for health care provider on numerous projects including new hospitals throughout the UK;
- Acting for a funder in the forward re-financing of a major new hotel complex in Manchester.
Matthew qualified into the Construction Team as a Solicitor in September 2014 having previously spent 12 months in the team as a trainee. When he was a trainee, he also held seats in the firm's commercial property and corporate teams. Before he was a trainee, he worked as a paralegal in the firm's IP & Commercial team where he predominantly acted for a FTSE 100 company in relation to their parallel goods training.
Prior to working at the firm Matthew attended St. Andrews University where he studied Ancient History & Archaeology before going onto complete the GDL and LPC at the College of Law.
Articles & Comment
RMP Construction Services Ltd v Chalcroft  EWHC 3737 (TCC)Read More
Balfour Beatty Regional Construction Ltd v Grove Developments LtdRead More
Severfield (UK) Ltd v Duro Felguera Ltd  EWHC 3352Read More
Howmet Ltd v Economy Devices Ltd  EWCA CIV 847Read More