- International Litigation
- Group Actions
- Contract Disputes
- Company, Shareholder and Partnership Disputes
- Finance and Banking
- Professional Negligence
- Regulatory and Judicial Review
- Professional Regulation and Disciplinary
- IT Disputes
- Injunctions and Emergency Procedures
- Restrictive Covenant Breaches
Martin Ackland's Service Teams
Martin’s experience covers the retail and leisure sectors, hotels and catering, care homes, franchising and pharmaceutical buildings. He deals with a wide variety of transactional and management work, development projects, the property aspects of corporate acquisitions and fund raising. His clients include institutions with a traditional attitude to business and entrepreneurs who are uninhibited by convention. Martin represents investors, managers, traders, developers and occupiers and a number of overseas investors and professional clients. He acts for banks, other lenders and insolvency practitioners acquiring and realising security over real estate and other assets.
- Acting for the developer in connection with the funding of a multi-site property development project;
- Acting for the owners on the refinancing of a celebrated country house hotel;
- Acting for Japanese based investors through a Jersey vehicle in the letting of a mixed office and residential development in Mayfair; and
- Acquisition of development sites for clients.
Martin graduated in law from Wadham College Oxford in 1975 and, after teaching in Italy, qualified as a Solicitor in 1979. Martin was previously a partner at Fasken Martineau and Cumberland Ellis. He joined Wedlake Bell LLP from Cumberland Ellis in April 2012 when the firms merged.