Wedlake Bell is pleased to announce that Kim Lalli has been elected as the firm’s Senior Partner. This will be for a four year term that begins on 1st January 2017.…Read More
Kim Lalli's Service Teams
Kim Lalli is described as "one of the most responsive lawyers I have ever known" by one impressed client. She is also valued for her ability to "find sensible solutions."
Chambers UK, 2017
Kim Lalli "is always available and very focused on finding solutions. She is unlike any other in her dedication to her clients." She works on substantial deals for house builders and healthcare clients. She is also head of the firm's India group.
Chambers UK, 2016
Clients consider her to be 'commercial, practical and looking for solutions.'
Chambers UK, 2015
Kim Lalli ‘always goes the extra mile to ensure best service and result'.
Legal 500, 2014
Kim's practice covers all areas of commercial property, with a particular expertise in development work. She has both commercial property and property finance experience, and is also Head of the India Group (she is fluent in Hindi and Punjabi, written and spoken).
Kim's client base includes well known housebuilders and healthcare providers, whom she advises in relation to property acquisition, development and disposal. Clients include CALA Homes, Dandara, City & Country, London and Regional, BUPA and Spire. She has advised on the acquisition and disposal (including disposal strategy and advice given throughout the development stages in relation to issues arising) of residential and mixed use developments, with development values exceeding £300m in some cases.
- Acquisition of a 22 acre former brewery site in London for mixed use redevelopment;
- Acquisition of former film studios in West London for residential redevelopment for over 200 units.
- Disposal of part of a large residential development site in Greenwich to Bellway Homes;
- Acquisition of office buildings in Tunbridge Wells, Reading and Croydon for conversion to residential use;
- Acquisition of a hotel in Chelsea Harbour;
- Structuring of disposal of a mixed use development comprising retail, office and residential uses;
- The disposal of affordable housing by various developer clients to Registered Providers, including land sale contracts and development agreements;
- Collaboration agreements relating to consortium sites;
- Promotion agreements relating to strategic sites with residential development potential.
Kim qualified in 1989, having trained at Davies Arnold Cooper and then moved to merchant bank Hill Samuel as a legal adviser to the property finance team. She was subsequently a partner in the commercial property team at Forsters before joining Wedlake Bell as a partner in February 2003.
Kim is a member of the Investment Property Forum.