Organisations employing EU nationals in the UK must tread carefully on the path to Brexit or face discrimination claims or reputational damage. Wedlake Bell’s Julia…Read More
- International Litigation
- Group Actions
- Contract Disputes
- Company, Shareholder and Partnership Disputes
- Finance and Banking
- Professional Negligence
- Regulatory and Judicial Review
- Professional Regulation and Disciplinary
- IT Disputes
- Injunctions and Emergency Procedures
- Restrictive Covenant Breaches
Julia Jackson's Service Teams
Julia is an expert in UK Immigration and Nationality Law having practised in this field for more than 2 decades. She has a particular expertise in the Points Based Immigration System including Investors, Entrepreneurs and Sponsored Workers and has assisted multinational corporations, executives and private individuals to successfully secure and manage UK immigration status.
Julia regularly provides training on Immigration and Nationality law for employers and for solicitors. Julia is a member of the Immigration Law Practitioners' Association.
- Assisting a HNW individual and his family transition from employed status to Tier 1 and ultimately secure British citizenship.
- Advising on the start-up of new UK ventures for overseas operations including transfer of key staff.
- Relocation of the head office of a multinational corporation to the UK including obtaining appropriate immigration status for key personnel and following family.
Julia completed her training contract with a small firm in the City in 1994 before moving to Taylor Wessing and then DLA to assist in the start-up of an immigration function. In 2001 Julia moved to a niche West End firm specialising in Immigration before setting up her own specialist immigration practice in 2006 which she ran until joining Wedlake Bell in 2016.
Articles & Comment
26 Apr, 2017 | Julia Jackson
05 Jan, 2017 | Julia Jackson
Starting from April of this year, employers who sponsor overseas workers in the UK with a Tier 2 status will be required to pay the Immigration Skills Charge (the…Read More
30 Nov, 2016 | Julia Jackson
Wedlake Bell LLP has strengthened its Private Wealth, Corporate and Employment practices with the addition of new Immigration Partner, Julia Jackson.Read More