Over the past 18 months there has been a spate of cases in which the buyer of a property has been tricked into buying a property from a person who is not the true…Read More
- International Litigation
- Group Actions
- Contract Disputes
- Company, Shareholder and Partnership Disputes
- Finance and Banking
- Professional Negligence
- Regulatory and Judicial Review
- Professional Regulation and Disciplinary
- IT Disputes
- Injunctions and Emergency Procedures
- Restrictive Covenant Breaches
Jonathan Achampong's Service Teams
Jonathan is a solicitor specialising in residential property. While Jonathan handles a wide range of residential property transactions, the vast majority of his clients are high net worth individuals buying or selling high value freehold and leasehold properties (£1m - £8m) in central London and the Home Counties. Jonathan also acts for landlords and tenants dealing with lease extensions claims, collective enfranchisements claims and landlord and tenant matters (including rights of first refusal).
- Acting for a former eighties pop star in relation to her £4m sale and dealing with the related planning issues.
- Dealing with the sale of a freehold flat for a price of £7.25m.
- Acting for a vendor in respect of his sale of part of an unregistered leasehold property.
- Acting for five tenants in respect of their lease extension claims where it was not possible to collectively enfranchise as the building did not qualify.
- Acting for a landlord to defeat a collective enfranchisement claim on the basis that the premium offered was too low.
Jonathan read law at Middlesex University and graduated with a first class honours in 2004. After completing the LPC at The City Law School, Jonathan worked as a paralegal for 1 year at a leading professional indemnity insurance provider before completing his training contract with a niche West End law firm. In 2010 Jonathan moved to Rochman Landau LLP (now Ashfords LLP) before joining Wedlake Bell LLP in October 2013.
Jonathan is also the founder of the property law information website, Jonny Law Online www.jonnylawonline.co.uk.
Articles & Comment
23 May, 2017 | Jonathan Achampong
02 May, 2017 | Jonathan Achampong
A lack of housing stock and high Stamp Duty Land Tax charges are often cited as the primary reasons why transaction volumes have fallen in Prime Central London over…Read More
13 Mar, 2017 | Jonathan Achampong
As many first time buyers continue to struggle to get onto the property ladder, it has become increasingly common for parents to assist their adult children with…Read More
06 Feb, 2017 | Jonathan Achampong
Although 2016 delivered a number of political surprises, the UK economy has shown tremendous resilience. However, the one issue that continues to exert influence…Read More
06 Jan, 2017 | Jonathan Achampong
Currently, buy-to-let landlords can deduct their finance costs, including mortgage interest, from their rental profits before calculating their taxable income.Read More