The property industry has just been warned by Communities Secretary Sajid Javid to “keep an eye out” for changes to real estate taxation in this year’s Autumn Statement.Read More
Jeremy Raj's Service Teams
Jeremy advises on all aspects of residential property with a particular emphasis on residential investment, development and funding, Landlord and Tenant work (including rights of first refusal) as well as portfolio acquisitions, disposal and subsequent management issues. He is well known and regarded in the residential property sector and has appeared on television and on the radio as well as being regularly quoted in the national and property industry press. He has worked with overseas investors from across the world and has particular experience with high end London residential property. He currently acts for property investment companies, developers, ultra-high net worth individuals, investment collectives, leaseholders and lending institutions in the residential property sector.
- Set-up and overseeing of sales in a landmark London residential development worth over £400m.
- Purchase and disposal of several blocks of flats, rural and urban portfolios of residential properties.
- Structuring set up and sales of a range of developments from single high-value houses to conversions to hundred-unit developments.
- Advising on the residential aspects of a £600m mixed use development
- Advising a number of overseas investors on individual and portfolio acquisitions.
- Advising on set-up and disposition of several hundred residential units in newbuild developments throughout the UK.
- Acting for selected UHNWI's in relation to their personal property needs.
Jeremy qualified as a solicitor in 1993 and joined Wedlake Bell in 2003. He oversaw the residential property team from 2006 to 2013 during which it doubled in size. In 2016 he was elected head of the Private Client Group, which includes the Pivate Client Tax and Trusts, Family and Residential Property teams and consequently he serves on the board of Wedlake Bell. He is a member of the British Property Federation, and the Movers & Shakers Property Club, and speaks fluent German.
Articles & Comment
26 Oct, 2016 | Jeremy Raj
04 Oct, 2016 | Jeremy Raj
There are not enough homes to meet demand in much of the UK, and the tragedy is that despite recent fine words, Government policy still seems on course to keep it…Read More
07 Dec, 2015 | Jeremy Raj
This article was first published in The Huffington Post on 6 December 2015.Read More