Planning experts react to today's landmark Supreme Court judgment, which has asserted that the phrase 'relevant policies for the supply of housing' in paragraph…Read More
- International Litigation
- Group Actions
- Contract Disputes
- Company, Shareholder and Partnership Disputes
- Finance and Banking
- Professional Negligence
- Regulatory and Judicial Review
- Professional Regulation and Disciplinary
- IT Disputes
- Injunctions and Emergency Procedures
- Restrictive Covenant Breaches
Jay Das's Service Teams
Jay's practice area covers both development potential of land and property as well as regulatory requirements and enforcement. She is a specialist in planning and environment, compulsory purchase orders & compensation, highways and local government matters.
Jay has conducted planning appeals, inquiries, enforcement appeals and regularly negotiates section 106 planning and section 278 and 38 highways agreements. Jay was recognised in Legal 500 for her work in relation to the Thameslink 2000 Planning Inquiry.
She also advises on issues affecting contaminated land, environmental warranties and indemnities. Jay acts for clients on small, medium and large-scale development proposals.
Jay acts for a number of housing/ mixed use developers and landowners and also advises our Care Home clients.
- Advising in relation to planning/legal matters and completing section 106 agreements associated with acquisition of sites for various Care Homes to assist with the due diligence process;
- Advising on planning conditions in relation to acquisition of new BioMed facility in SiliconFen;
- Advising our housebuilder and developer clients on Community Infrastructure Levy enquiries to ascertain liabilities and exemptions; and
- Advising housebuilders in relation to Starter Homes.
Jay joined Wedlake Bell as a Partner in 2010. She qualified as a solicitor in 1998. She previously worked at DAC Beachcrofts and prior to that as an in-house solicitor at both Exeter City Council and Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council.
Articles & Comment
10 May, 2017 | Jay Das
23 Aug, 2016 | Jay Das
Jay Das and Joanna Brooke on how the interplay between the law, landlords and local authority can unfold in a 'very public way' in HNWs battle for basements.Read More
30 Jun, 2016 | Jay Das
The love affair with changing the planning system as the panacea for solving the housing crisis is in full swing. The Government has now succeeded in forcing through…Read More
27 May, 2016 | Jay Das
Too much fiddling with the planning system is crippling the ability of planners to create plans. What politicians need to do is set a sensible course and let things…Read More
17 Nov, 2015 | Jay Das
Reigate farmer Robert Fidler has been threatened with prison if he doesn’t demolish a 'castle' built in the green belt without planning permission. Jay Das of Wedlake…Read More