Clean energy firm Verditek has listed on London’s AIM market as it seeks investment for its technologies.Read More
- International Litigation
- Group Actions
- Contract Disputes
- Company, Shareholder and Partnership Disputes
- Finance and Banking
- Professional Negligence
- Regulatory and Judicial Review
- Professional Regulation and Disciplinary
- IT Disputes
- Injunctions and Emergency Procedures
- Restrictive Covenant Breaches
Janice Wall's Service Teams
- Corporate and Financial Services
- Venture Capital and Private Equity
- Joint Ventures
- Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A)
- Capital Markets - Equity and Debt
- Professional Practices / Partnerships / LLPs
- Company Secretarial Services
‘Highly experienced’ department head Janice Wall is praised for her ‘commerciality’ and ‘ability to simplify complex issues’.
Legal 500, 2016
Practice head Janice Wall’s ‘knowledge is immense’.
Legal 500, 2015
Janice has been a M&A and capital market lawyer since qualification in 1987. She has extensive UK and cross border expertise in these areas. Over her career she has acted on some substantial public and private M&A transactions and IPOs primarily in the corporate real estate and retail sectors. She has also been involved in major real estate joint ventures and during the debt crisis their restructuring involving some significant debt for equity swaps.
She has also extensive expertise in the incorporation of professional services firms and partnership and LLP law and practice.
- Restructuring, leading to the solvent winding up, of over 100 subsidiaries of a property trading group;
- Advice to AIM brokers on secondary placings for AIM traded companies;
- Acting for London's largest residential landlord on the establishment of both an investment and a trading prime London real estate joint venture with a major Canadian pension fund and on the establishment of three subsequent joint ventures 2011-2016;
- Acting on the sale of a major apartment hotel for £98m;
- Acting for one of the world's largest independent suppliers of marine fuel products incorporated in Hong Kong and listed in Singapore with assets in India, the UAE, the Netherlands, UK, USA and other countries on a multi jurisdiction reorganisation and a subsequent disposal of its managed services IT business in England and sister outsourcing arrangements in India; and
- Acting for a famous London golf club on its incorporation as a guarantee company and loan note offers to members to finance the purchase of its freehold.
Janice joined Wedlake Bell's corporate team in 2010. She is currently head of the team and the wider Corporate Business Group and member of the Wedlake Bell management board. She qualified as a solicitor in 1987. She joined Dechert LLP and was made partner in 1997. She was head of the London office of Pitmans LLP from 2004 to 2010.
Janice is a member of the IBA Closely Held and Growing Business Enterprises Committee and the Association of Women Solicitors.
Articles & Comment
11 Aug, 2017 | Janice Wall
10 May, 2017 | Janice Wall
Welcome to the Spring 2017 edition of our In Counsel publication.Read More
03 Feb, 2017 | Janice Wall
Welcome to the Winter 2017 edition of our In Counsel publication.Read More
12 Jan, 2017 | Janice Wall
Jurisdictions around the world (including in the United States, France, Germany and Holland) generally recognise, to some extent, the principle that contracting…Read More
28 Dec, 2016 | Janice Wall
Wedlake Bell LLP advised Reed Exhibitions Limited on its acquisition of Imbibe Media Limited, the UK's leading B2B media business for the on-trade drinks industry.…Read More