We have a significant number of clients in the IT and telecoms sectors and our Commercial Litigation Team has considerable experience of dealing with IT disputes from both supplier and customer sides.
IT disputes frequently arise within a development context and often follow a similar pattern.
The customer complains that the developer has taken longer than the contract provided to deliver a product – which ends up being more expensive and less effective than that contracted for.
The developer meanwhile complains that the customer unreasonably changed the specification – frequently at the last minute – and withheld vital cooperation and information from the developer.
Alternatively, there may be complaints of delay and stalled progress because insufficient resources have been devoted to the project or because the supplier has underestimated the difficulties.
Thanks to the wide experience of our Commercial Litigation Team, we often know how opponents might respond and can identify what information needs to be obtained to pursue our clients’ cases and defend claims.
Our experience includes acting for and against IT developers of all sizes from large multi-nationals to small niche players, for a range of clients from public bodies and institutions downwards. Many of the matters we deal with have an international element – with a client or location being overseas.
- Advising on disputes for software developers and hardware suppliers;
- Advising employers;
- Pursuing and defending claims against both suppliers and employers;
- Working with IT experts to both assess and then work on claims or defences.
- Pursuing a claim against high profile software developer in respect of high volume user hospital/university project;
- Resisting a claim by mobile phone retail company on behalf of IT supplier;
- A claim for software developer against employer;
- Dealing with a software developer partnership/company dispute.