Our Commercial Litigation Team has extensive experience in assisting clients whose interests cover a range of jurisdictions.
Whether it is a listed or private company, owner-managed business, public body, regulator trust or high net worth individual, our experienced lawyers can assist with a range of international issues – often working with lawyers or other professionals in other jurisdictions to advise and provide assistance to clients.
We frequently act for UK-based clients who require assistance or advice regarding their business activities or interests overseas.
We also act for overseas clients who conduct business or have interests in the United Kingdom - where English law applies or where the dispute is to be dealt with in the UK.
We are used to assisting where international contracts or laws provide that English law shall apply and/or that disputes should be dealt with by the English Courts or by arbitration in London.
We are experienced in dealing with situations where there is litigation in a number of different countries at the same time and, where appropriate, we will challenge the jurisdiction of the relevant court or tribunal and assess which law or laws should be applied in our clients' interests.
We also enforce overseas judgments and awards here and can secure the assistance of overseas lawyers to enforce English Court orders and awards overseas.
- Advising and acting for UK based clients regarding their affairs and disputes with overseas parties or overseas generally.
- Advising and acting for overseas clients regarding their affairs in England and in matters which are subject to the jurisdiction of the English Court or Tribunal located here.
- Advising and acting for overseas clients regarding matters which are governed by or subject to the English law.
- Assisting clients with enforcement of overseas judgments or awards in England or English judgments or awards overseas.
- Working with and obtaining assistance from overseas lawyers and professionals where required.
- Advising regarding depositions for use in foreign proceedings.
- Resisting injunctions against clients to restrain them from issuing and pursuing foreign proceedings
- Challenging the issue of proceedings in England against overseas clients and the jurisdiction of the English Court.
- Contesting the injunction granted by the English Court against a foreign client and other overseas concerns.
- Acting in and advising on ICC, LCIA, trade and other arbitrations.
- Advising and acting on the enforcement of overseas judgments and arbitration awards in England and English judgments and awards elsewhere.