Wedlake Bell has been practising law in London for more than 200 years and we have developed a significant international reach and experience.
We work on a broad range of international transactions, both from our own offices and through those of our network firms in other jurisdictions. Many of our clients are international and invest from or into the UK and we regularly advise on how to deal with investments made in these ways. We have established networks to provide clients with support and advice from lawyers across Europe, the United States, India, the Middle East, Asia, and other key off shore jurisdictions.
Wedlake Bell also has close relationships and works with firms to assist our clients and those of member firms in TELFA and US Law in a number of other jurisdictions, including the Channel Islands Bermuda, the British Virgin Islands, Mauritius, Hong Kong and elsewhere, for example:
- Acting for the UK seller of a major out sourcing company to an overseas buyer, the consideration for which was preference shares in the buyer valued at approximately £235m;
- Advising clients on policies and procedures to comply with the provisions of the Bribery Act 2010, particularly for businesses with operations across a range of jurisdictions;
- Regularly advising on the management of inward investment into the UK;
- Advising on the compliance requirements under securities' laws for corporate raising funds from outside of the UK;
- Advising on the structure of funds, together with the regulatory advice needed for investments made by high net worth individuals;
- Advising on the development of climate change abatement projects in East Africa and Bangladesh; and
- Advising on programmes for the admission of debt instruments to trading on the Channel Islands Stock Exchange (£118,000,000 to date in 2012).