We have acted and advised in a significant number of fraud cases, covering a wide variety of issues.
Our Commercial Litigation Team has experience of dealing with fraud cases involving large sums of money and individuals ranging from bookkeepers to CEOs and Finance Directors.
We have also have acted in connection with other fraud including large-scale investor fraud and fraudulent schemes.
Fraud is often only uncovered by chance, when a mistake is made or on the insolvency of a business or individual. This means that pursuing claims requires speed, careful investigation and preparation.
We are used to using emergency legal procedures to freeze accounts and other assets or to compel the disclosure of the whereabouts of assets and accounts to maximise recovery.
We can work on our own or in collaboration with investigators, other forensic professionals, IT experts and overseas lawyers to unravel fraud and other unlawful conduct and then seek to recover the proceeds.
- Fraud Investigation on our own or as part of a multi disciplinary team;
- If required, emergency action to preserve evidence and proceeds;
- Advising on the merits of claims;
- Pursuing and resisting claims both in the UK and overseas.
- Pursuing the English element of multi national fraud by senior management’s diversion of business opportunity valued at up to US$800 million;
- Advising on investor fraud of approximately 400 professionals;
- Advising on the suspected unlawful commission on Government/World Bank payments;
- Advising and acting on various other senior and junior employee fraud including: false invoicing, contracting services to dummy companies and ledger alteration;
- Acting on impersonation fraud.