The Court of Appeal decision of Globe Motors and others v TRW Lucas and others considered the effectiveness of no variation clauses which we so often see in contracts.…Read More
Emma Davies's Service Teams
- Restrictive Covenant Breaches
- Finance and Banking
- Professional Negligence
- Professional Regulation and Disciplinary
- IT Disputes
- Injunctions and Emergency Procedures
- Contract Disputes
- International Litigation
- Company, Shareholder and Partnership Disputes
- Regulatory and Judicial Review
- Commercial Litigation
Emma is a commercial litigation and former insolvency lawyer.
Emma conducts commercial litigation matters, such as breach of contract, professional negligence, procurement, injunctions and guarantee claims. Emma’s experience also extends to conducting a wide range of interim applications such as security for costs and summary judgment. Emma’s general commercial litigation experience spans to both the High Court and County Court.
Emma has acted on behalf of insolvency practitioners, lenders, private individuals and companies in contentious and non-contentious insolvency matters. Emma has advised on all aspects of claims brought by insolvency practitioners including transactions at an under value, voidable preferences, wrongful and fraudulent trading and breach of duty.
Emma has advised receivers and administrators regarding their appointments and also advises companies, banks and asset based lenders regarding their security and enforcement options.
- Acting in respect of a fraud action (in excess of £3m) involving the sale of an equity stake.
- Acting for an insolvency practitioner in respect of an injunction against unlawful occupiers of land.
- Conducting and advising as to a series of contested guarantee claims on behalf of a major lender
- Acting for a large asset management/insurance entity in respect of the recovery of rent arrears.
- Conducting a large professional negligence claim (in excess of £5 - 10m) up to trial against property and legal professionals, including successfully conducting an appeal of a case management decision.
- Acting in respect of a large procurement action to challenge an award of a £1.2 billion government contract.
Emma qualified into the Insolvency, Restructuring and Recoveries and Property Litigation teams in September 2010 after completing her training contract with the firm. Emma joined the Commercial Litigation team in June 2017.
In 2012, Emma completed a one year secondment at a major commercial and retail bank, where she worked in its recoveries team.
Articles & Comment
09 May, 2017 | Emma Davies
15 Jan, 2017 | Emma Davies
In the recent case of Randhawa & Ors v Turpin & Anor, the High Court analysed the question whether, under the Duomatic principle, a company’s articles of association…Read More
20 Oct, 2016 | Edward Starling
09 Jul, 2015 | Emma Davies
This article considers the Small Business Enterprise and Employment Act 2015 (the Act) and the measures the Act is due to implement, with a particular focus on directors'…Read More
17 Oct, 2014 | Emma Davies
This article considers how an LLP can enter into administration if there is no LLP agreement governing how the members put an LLP into administration.Read More