In the recent case of Randhawa & Ors v Turpin & Anor, the High Court analysed the question whether, under the Duomatic principle, a company’s articles of association…Read More
Emma Davies's Service Teams
- Finance and Banking
- Professional Negligence
- Injunctions and Emergency Procedures
- Contract Disputes
- International Litigation
- Company, Shareholder and Partnership Disputes
- Insolvency, Restructuring & Recoveries
- Commercial Litigation
- Recoveries for lenders
- Insolvency and Restructuring Advice
- Fixed Charge/LPA Receiverships
- Contentious Insolvency and Investigations
- Debt Collection
Emma is an insolvency and commercial litigation lawyer.
Emma acts on behalf of insolvency professionals, lenders, private individuals, and companies in contentious and non-contentious insolvency matters.
Emma regularly advises in respect of the appointment of LPA Receivers and administrators. Emma advises companies, banks, asset based lenders and Insolvency Practitioners regarding the validity of their security and the various options available to enforce them.
Emma advises on all aspects of claims brought by liquidators and trustees in bankruptcy including transactions at an under value, voidable preferences, wrongful and fraudulent trading, and breach of duty.
Emma regularly conducts commercial litigation matters, such as breach of contract, professional negligence, procurement, injunctions and guarantee claims. Emma’s experience also extends to conducting a wide range of interim applications such as security for costs and summary judgment. Emma’s general commercial litigation experience spans to both the High Court and County Court.
- Conducting a large professional negligence claim (in excess of £5 - 10m) up to trial against property and legal professionals, including successfully conducting an appeal of a case management decision.
- Acting in respect of a large procurement action to challenge an award of a £1.2 billion government contract.
- Conducting office holder actions against directors in respect of a range of insolvency claims e.g. transactions at an under value, voidable preferences, wrongful and fraudulent trading, and breach of duty.
- Advising receivers and administrators regarding their appointments.
- Conducting and advising as to a series of contested guarantee claims on behalf of a major lender.
Emma qualified into the Business Recoveries and Property Litigation teams in September 2010 after completing her training contract with the firm.
In 2012, Emma completed a one year secondment at a major commercial and retail bank, where she worked in its recoveries team.
Articles & Comment
06 Feb, 2017 | Emma Davies
20 Oct, 2016 | Edward Starling
09 Jul, 2015 | Emma Davies
This article considers the Small Business Enterprise and Employment Act 2015 (the Act) and the measures the Act is due to implement, with a particular focus on directors'…Read More
17 Oct, 2014 | Emma Davies
This article considers how an LLP can enter into administration if there is no LLP agreement governing how the members put an LLP into administration.Read More
18 Sep, 2014 | Emma Davies