In the recent case of Randhawa & Ors v Turpin & Anor, the High Court analysed the question whether, under the Duomatic principle, a company’s articles of association…Read More
- International Litigation
- Group Actions
- Contract Disputes
- Company, Shareholder and Partnership Disputes
- Finance and Banking
- Professional Negligence
- Regulatory and Judicial Review
- Professional Regulation and Disciplinary
- IT Disputes
- Injunctions and Emergency Procedures
- Restrictive Covenant Breaches
Edmund Goodin's Service Teams
Edmund is a solicitor in the firm's Corporate and Financial Services department. He acts on a variety of transactional and advisory matters including:
- mergers and acquisitions;
- joint ventures;
- share issuances (including in respect of EMI schemes);
- debt issuances and listings;
- group and share capital restructurings; and
- on specific points of company law.
Edmund has acted for an array of clients including UK and offshore private companies, overseas public companies, not-for-profits and charities, partnerships, financial institutions, administrators, trusts and high-net-worth individuals. Such clients operate in a range of sectors from real estate, technology and manufacturing to retail, education, care and hospitality.
- Acting on the sale of a Jersey regulated professional services firm to a multi-national trust and corporate services provider.
- Acting on the listing of €70m of loan notes on the Channel Islands Securities Exchange by a real estate investor.
- Advising on the sale of an Austrian technology company to an EEA state public company for €152m.
- Acting on the restructuring of a Formula 1 engine manufacturing group.
- Acting for one of the UK's largest private property investors on a joint venture with a housing association in respect of the purchase and refurbishment of over 200 residential units in the south east of London.
- Advising trusts, groups of companies, shareholders and boards of directors on the implementation of the People with Significant Control Regime under Part 21 of the Companies Act 2006.
Edmund qualified into the Corporate and Financial Services team at Wedlake Bell in October 2015 after having trained at the firm in corporate law, commercial property, commercial litigation and residential property.
Prior to joining Wedlake Bell as a trainee, Edmund graduated from the University of Durham with a 2:1 in Natural Sciences (BSc), following which he achieved a commendation in his Graduate Diploma in Law and a distinction on the Legal Practice Course.
Articles & Comment
15 Jan, 2017 | Emma Davies
02 Aug, 2016 | Edward Craft
During Theresa May's (unexpectedly short) campaign to become leader of the Conservative Party, she expressed the need to address the issue of distrust between the…Read More
19 Jul, 2016 | Edward Craft
The nomination committee plays a vital, but often understated role to ensuring that the board has and continues to have the necessary range of skills and expertise.…Read More
02 Feb, 2016 | Edmund Goodin
02 Feb, 2016 | Nick Saville
Businesses often seek to have terms implied into contracts in situations where no specific term exists to cover unanticipated scenarios. The courts do imply terms,…Read More