- International Litigation
- Group Actions
- Contract Disputes
- Company, Shareholder and Partnership Disputes
- Finance and Banking
- Professional Negligence
- Regulatory and Judicial Review
- Professional Regulation and Disciplinary
- IT Disputes
- Injunctions and Emergency Procedures
- Restrictive Covenant Breaches
David Earl's Service Teams
David Earl, whose service and advice are ‘first class in all respects’, is commended for his ‘commercial acumen and ability to manage sometimes difficult counter-parties’.
Legal 500, 2015
Selected as a 'London Super Lawyer'
David is 'very commercial and very positive' in his approach.
Chambers UK, 2011
He is 'intelligent and knowledgeable'.
Legal 500, 2010
David's practice includes all areas of commercial property acting for investment funds and traditional property companies with an emphasis on development encompassing site assembly, pre-letting, pre-sale, financing, forward funding and disposal.
- Having acted for an overseas investment fund on the acquisition of the asset several years ago and the management since, the disposal of a shopping centre for £170m.
- Acting for an investment fund on the pre-letting of a large office building in the Thames Valley at an annual rent of ~£4m and the subsequent disposal of the estate upon which it was situated at a price of £130m.
- Acting for traditional contractor/developer on a number of pre-lets on retails parks along the South Coast generating an aggregate annual rental of £2m.
David joined Wedlake Bell as a trainee solicitor in 1984. He qualified in 1986 and became a partner in 1992.