- International Litigation
- Group Actions
- Contract Disputes
- Company, Shareholder and Partnership Disputes
- Finance and Banking
- Professional Negligence
- Regulatory and Judicial Review
- Professional Regulation and Disciplinary
- IT Disputes
- Injunctions and Emergency Procedures
- Restrictive Covenant Breaches
Claire Nelson's Service Teams
Claire is renowned for her client relationship skills. Clients have confidence that under her guidance their deadlines will be met and service expectations exceeded. She frequently leads and co-ordinates teams on specific investment and development transactions and advises on many sectors.
Claire's practice covers most aspects of real estate including development, real estate finance, and the acquisition, disposal, funding and management of real estate investment assets within the UK. She is regularly involved in complex and often tax-driven multi-jurisdictional property structures, financing and tax mitigation arrangements.
She has worked with high profile individuals, family offices, private and public companies.
- Purchase of mixed use midtown freehold (offices/retail) with 10 day exchange period which began on 23 December for circa £40m. The team worked tirelessly to hit the deadline over the holiday period;
- Sale of midtown office block for circa £13m again with 10 day exchange deadline successfully achieved;
- Refinance of iconic London mixed use building worth in excess of £400m; and
- Completed all pre-lets on refurbished Central London property with main tenant having rent in excess of £2m.
Claire joined Wedlake Bell in June 2015. She qualified at Wollastons LLP (now Birketts LLP) and spent five years there as a Senior Associate. She then joined Rosenblatt Solicitors where she was a Partner for six years before moving to head up the Real Estate team at DWFM Beckman in 2012.