Capital Markets - Equity and Debt
Finance and debt structures have become increasingly complex. We now also operate in a very different environment where funding is provided from a diverse range of non-conventional sources whilst bank lending has failed. That is why businesses rely on us to help them meet challenges head-on and ensure they can meet critical deadlines.
"A responsive team of commercial professionals" who are "extremely client-focused and knowledgeable."
Chambers UK, 2017
We have considerable experience in advising UK and international issuers and brokers, sponsors and nominated advisors on raising equity on the Official List, AIM, ISDX and foreign exchanges – in addition to expertise in IPOs, secondary placings, global offerings and rights issues.
We regularly advise Indian listed companies on the English law aspects relating to the admission of global depositary receipts to trading on European markets, thereby helping the issuers efficiently access international capital markets.
We advise listed and traded companies on their continuing obligations, in particular on corporate governance for smaller quoted companies.*
In addition, we provide advice on restructurings and reorganisations - including demergers and schemes of arrangement.
We also advise private companies on fundraising through private placements.
Alongside our equity work we have significant experience in advising clients in relation to listed debt arrangements, including securities admitted to both the Luxembourg Stock Exchange and the Channel Islands Stock Exchange, and governance arrangements to support complex collateralised debt arrangements.
During 2012 we advised four new Issuers bringing debt securities and bonds to market.
* Edward Craft, a partner in the Corporate Team, chairs the Corporate Governance Expert Group of the Quoted Companies Alliance (QCA) - the organisation representing the views of the small and mid cap listed sector. Edward has been leading the process to refresh the QCA's Corporate Governance Code for Smaller Quoted Companies.
* Janice Wall, head of the corporate team has been a member of the Law Society Company Law Committee since 2004.
- IPOS on AIM, the Official List, ISDX, Channel Islands and Luxembourg Stock Exchanges;
- Global offerings;
- Secondary offerings including rights issues, placings and open offers;
- Pre flotation due diligence and restructuring;
- Capital reconstruction;
- Global Depository Receipts Programs;
- Debt offerings;
- Eurobonds; and
- Convertible Bonds.
- Advising a mining company on cancelling the admission of its shares to trading on the platform now known as ISDX and the admission to trading of its shares on AIM;
- Joint advisor to an oil company on its initial public offering to the Official List;
- Representing brokers on a number of secondary fundraisings for companies admitted to trading on AIM;
- Acting for each of Transgene Biotek Limited, Suryachakra Power Corporation Limited, Indowind Energy Limited and Neo Corp. International Limited on the English Law aspects involved in the issue of global depositary receipts for each, raising in total US$104,745,000;
- Acting for Insinger de Beaufort and Fairfax IS on the admission to trading of Promethean India Plc's shares on AIM;
- Advising private companies on raising funds through private placements; and
- Advising on the admission on to market of over £300,000,000 of listed debt in 2012.