On 13 July 2017, the Government confirmed that it will introduce a second Finance Bill 2017 soon after the Parliamentary summer recess to implement those policies…Read More
- International Litigation
- Group Actions
- Contract Disputes
- Company, Shareholder and Partnership Disputes
- Finance and Banking
- Professional Negligence
- Regulatory and Judicial Review
- Professional Regulation and Disciplinary
- IT Disputes
- Injunctions and Emergency Procedures
- Restrictive Covenant Breaches
Camilla Wallace's Service Teams
Camilla Wallace is ‘an extremely competent lawyer who handles difficult matters very well’.
Legal 500, 2016
Camilla Wallace is ‘diligent and professional’.
Legal 500, 2014
Camilla Wallace has ‘strong client skills and a keen interest in tax'.
Legal 500, 2014
Camilla Wallace ‘has her clients interests at heart’.
Legal 500, 2013
Camilla advises high-net-worth individuals, both UK and non-UK domiciliaries, on estate planning to mitigate the incidence of inheritance tax and control the devolution of estates using lifetime gifts, trusts and tax-efficient wills. She also provides advice to clients on capital gains tax and income tax mitigation strategies as regards lifetime tax planning.
Camilla has experience of both offshore and onshore trust structuring and advising trustees and beneficiaries in relation to the day-to-day management and administration of trusts and estates.
Camilla is a member of the firm's Offshore, Family Office and India Groups.
- Advising mixed US/UK citizen couples on their UK tax and estate planning.
- Drafting a chattels lease in relation to a £45m art collection.
- Providing pre-arrival tax and remittance planning to non-UK domiciliaries (particularly Russian, Indian, Middle Eastern, Chinese and French).
- Advising on the UK tax implications of UK real estate structures set up by non-UK domiciled individuals (resident and non-resident in the UK).
- Advising offshore trustees on the UK taxation of employee benefit trusts.
- Planning with Private Equity Carried Interests.
Camilla trained at US firm Dechert and thereafter was a solicitor in the Private Client team at Macfarlanes. She is a member of STEP (passing exams with distinction) and a founding member of PAIAM (Professional Advisors to the International Art Market).
Camilla is individually ranked in both Chambers UK and Legal 500. She has been nominated in the Citywealth Leaders List as both a "Prominent Figure" and a "Power Woman" since 2014. In 2015, Spear's nominated her as one of the UK's top 50 tax advisors.
Camilla speaks Spanish and French.
Camilla Wallace has written a chapter called 'Inheritance – The Foreign Connection' in 'Private Client Practice: An Expert Guide', a book published by Solicitors Journal.
Articles & Comment
19 Jul, 2017 | Camilla Wallace
04 Oct, 2016 | Camilla Wallace
The 'unprecedented' amount of data the Revenue will receive from CRS-jurisdictions puts them in a stronger position of power, writes Camilla Wallace.Read More
16 Aug, 2016 | Camilla Wallace
Trusts in the UK have long been private structures, with information on the terms, identity of beneficiaries and trust assets only available to the settlor, trustees…Read More
05 Jul, 2016 | Camilla Wallace
Camilla Wallace examines how UK citizens can best protect their European holiday homes following Brexit.Read More
17 Mar, 2016 | Eleanor Metcalf