Quarterly in Advance - Summer 2016
Welcome to the Summer 2016 edition of Quarterly in Advance published by Wedlake Bell's Real Estate Team for all our clients and colleagues in the property world.
Please click here to view a digital copy of our newsletter.
- 'Dear Beatrice' - in this edition Beatrice Gallivan answers a query on how property owners can stop other people acquiring rights to park on their land.
- 'Changing the planning landscape...Starter Homes' – Jay Das, Planning Partner, demystifies Starter Homes and describes how developers can use the new rights to their advantage.
- 'Are smart buildings security smart?' – Tamsin Davies explains what can happen if the cyber security of buildings and their management systems is not up to scratch.
- 'BIM - what is it and why we think it is yet to be fully embraced' - Katie Whitford goes back to basics and tells us what BIM is and the industry's concerns about using it.
- 'Flooding - who is responsible for the damage?' – Chloe Dexter reminds landlords and tenants what they should check in their leases so there are no unwelcome surprises if the building floods.
- 'Measuring up: what do the new IPMS standards mean for the measurement of buildings?' – Claire Haynes gives an overview of the new measurement standards and their effect on legal documents.
- 'Balancing the books' - A guest piece, written by Matthew Stallabrass, Partner at Crowe Clarke Whitehill LLP, on the new international accounting standards for leases.