As readers may be aware, "format shifting" has been legalised with effect from 1 October 2014, albeit subject to certain conditions, as a result of amendments recently…Read More
Adrian Heath-Saunders's Service Teams
- Intellectual Property & Commercial
- Information Technology
- Intellectual Property
- Data Protection Solicitors
- Competition Law
Wedlake Bell LLP’s ‘strong’ team includes Adrian Heath-Saunders, who advised property developer Almacantar on a merchandising collaboration with Anglepoise, and assisted Hugo Boss with a proposed Black Friday promotion.
Legal 500, 2016
- Advising the redeveloper of the well-known Centre Point tower block in relation to their collaboration with Anglepoise for the development of a range of Anglepoise lamps incorporating the client's Centre Point logo and certain designs created for the Centre Point project by the high profile designer Eley Kishimoto. Adrian advised in the negotiation of the licence granted to Anglepoise for the use of both the Centre Point logo and use of the Kishimoto designs in connection with the project;
- Advising Which? in connection with the drafting of template trade mark licence agreements relating to the operation of the well-known "Which? Best Buy" and "Which? Recommended Provider" schemes;
- Advising Surrey County Cricket Club in relation to the naming rights sponsorship agreement under which the motor manufacturer Kia has been granted naming rights in relation to the Kia Oval and primary shirt sponsorship rights;
- Advising Pearson Lloyd Design Ltd, an award winning design business, in connection with the provision of design services to Teknion, a leading furniture manufacturer;
- Advising a well-known fashion brand in relation to the operation of its selective distribution system, including advising in relation to the terms and conditions entered into with members of its selective distribution network;
- Advising an overseas nuclear power generator in relation to the negotiation of a transport contract to be entered into with the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) under which, amongst other matters, the NDA undertook the transport from Sellafield to Switzerland of certain nuclear waste arising out of the reprocessing of spent nuclear fuel. The negotiations were complex and necessitated advice in connection with, amongst other things, the international regimes governing liability for nuclear incidents;
- Advising a wide range of businesses in respect of their intellectual property portfolios - from sports bodies and personalities through to clients operating in the oil and gas services industry. He has particular expertise in advising brand owners on the protection strategies for - and exploitation of - their trade mark portfolios;
- Advising on a variety of commercial matters including drafting and negotiating agency, distribution, franchising and sub-contracting agreements, terms of business and manufacturing and supply arrangements. In addition he advises clients in respect of both UK and EU competition law.
- Extensive experience of advising on data protection and e-commerce issues, as well as advising on a variety of IT matters including drafting and negotiating software agreements and licences, support and maintenance agreements and hardware and software reseller agreements.
Adrian joined the firm as a trainee solicitor in 1986 and became a partner in 1999.
Adrian is a member of the Intellectual Property Lawyers Organisation.
Articles & Comment
25 Nov, 2014 | Adrian Heath-Saunders
09 Jul, 2014 | Adrian Heath-Saunders
The Law Reports are littered with examples of failures by celebrities and the owners of well-known fictional characters to prevent third parties using their images,…Read More
10 Mar, 2014 | Adrian Heath-Saunders
A recent case on what, at first sight, might appear to be a somewhat technical area of the law relating to the ability to serve a defendant outside the jurisdiction…Read More
29 Nov, 2013 | Adrian Heath-Saunders
Under EU trade mark laws, the owners of trade marks "with a reputation" are given additional rights to prevent third parties from registering or using an identical…Read More
15 Nov, 2013 | Adrian Heath-Saunders
Following consultation over the recommendations made by Professor Hargreaves, the Government is poised to introduce a number of the measures mentioned in his Review.…Read More