Led Zeppelin guitarist, Jimmy Page, is locked in a bitter row over Robbie Williams's building redevelopment plans, but who is actually right? Adam Colenso investigates.Read More
Adam Colenso's Service Teams
"We were fortunate to secure the best legal team in the country (Vivian Chapman QC and Wedlake Bell LLP solicitors) which certainly helped to level the playing field".
(Congleton Chronicle on 24 March 2016) Bobby Bell - original applicant in the Town and Village Green Application the decision of Cheshire East BC in which was successfully judicially reviewed under Adam's conduct.
Adam Colenso is ‘extremely knowledgeable and diligent’.
Legal 500, 2016
Adam specialises in a complete range of property litigation including claims for breach of covenant and forfeiture, dilapidations, lease renewals, rent reviews and service charge disputes. He has a particular interest in leasehold enfranchisement work disputes. He regularly undertakes possession claims, disputes relating to protected tenancies, boundary disputes, adverse possession litigation and claims relating to rights of way and other easements. He also deals with ToLATA disputes, nuisance claims and litigation relating to public houses.
- Emergency Exit Easement dispute in relation to commercial premises in Ashford, Kent
- Application for modification of restrictive covenant under s.84(1) of the Law of Property Act 1925 in respect of property in prestigious Surrey estate
- Party Wall Act Award Appeal Hearing in Central London County Court
- Judicial Review of decision to reject a Town and Village Green Application
- Professional Negligence Claim against solicitors who failed to complete the acquisition of a development site in South London
- Business Lease Renewal Claim for large site with public sector tenants in South-East London.
Adam took a History degree at Newcastle University and a Masters degree at York University. Thereafter he completed the CPE law conversion and qualified as a barrister at the Inns of Court School of Law. He was a partner at Cumberland Ellis from November 2006 and joined Wedlake Bell LLP from Cumberland Ellis in April 2012 when the firms merged.
- “Be Reasonable” New Law Journal, 23 May 2008 jointly written with Desmond Kilcoyne
- “It deserves reasonable consideration” Estates Gazette, 14 June 2008 jointly written with Desmond Kilcoyne
- “Playing House” Solicitors Journal, 29 July 2010 jointly written with Graeme Fraser
- “Kernott v Jones - Guidance and the case for reform” Resolution Review 148, September/October 2010 jointly written with Graeme Fraser
- “Supreme Court to Decide how unmarried couple divides ownership of their home” The Times, 28 April 2011 jointly written with Graeme Fraser
- “Fair and loathing” Solicitors Journal, 15 November 2011
Articles & Comment
30 Nov, 2016 | Adam Colenso
28 Sep, 2016 | Adam Colenso
It is not uncommon for a prospective purchaser of land to spot that some kind of easement (like a right of light or a right of way) over a neighbouring property…Read More
23 Jul, 2015 | Adam Colenso
Partner, Adam Colenso considers the Court of Appeal ruling that overstay parking penalties at retail centres are enforceable.Read More
20 Oct, 2014 | Chan D'Souza
Chan D'Souza and Adam Colenso write for Building Magazine.Read More
15 May, 2014 | Adam Colenso